The World Languages Institute provides K-12 World Language teachers with a graduate-level core program in pedagogy reflecting the New Jersey Core Curriculum Standards and the National Standards for Second Language Teaching.
- Our Methods of Foreign Language Teaching K-12 is approved for state certification.
- Graduate courses in Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish cover topics such as civilization, culture, grammar, linguistics, and literature.
- World Languages Institute students have the opportunity to enroll in a Master of Arts for Teachers degree program, which may be completed in two to three summers.
- Credits acquired through the institute are applicable to the New Jersey 100-Hour Professional Development requirement and/or may be accepted for state certification.
Participants in the World Languages Institute
- Share ideas and teaching experiences with their K-12 colleagues.
- Increase their knowledge of teaching methodology.
- Enhance their written and verbal skills in their target language.
- Develop thematic units of age-appropriate classroom materials.
- Learn how to incorporate the latest technology into their classes.