If your contact information has changed since applying to the WLI, please complete the online WLI Database Update Form to keep your records accurate. Additional important summer session information is available at the following links:
- WLI Course Descriptions: Core Curriculum, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Translation and Interpreting
- Tuition and Fees
- RUconnection ID Card & a NetID
- Vehicle Registration/Parking on the New Brunswick Campus
- Grades & Transcripts
Students are strongly urged to register through WEBREG and to pay for all of the courses they plan to take for the entire summer by the initial registration deadline in May in order to be assured of getting into the desired courses. If any of the WEBREG deadlines are missed, students should contact the WLI office (732-932-7373) for instructions. Registrations received after specified deadlines will engender a $50.00 late fee.
Complete a Summer Session Registration Form and return it to the Rutgers’ Office of the Registrar. YOU MAY REGISTER FOR A MAXIMUM OF FOUR COURSES (one per session). Print the blank form, complete the information, and sign and date the form. Fax it to the WLI office (732-932-1556) and allow at least 48 hours for the data to be processed. Allow additional time for processing if the form is mailed:
World Languages Institute
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Attn: Patty Blum
20 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1108
WEBREG and Bill Payment Deadlines
After submitting your Registration Form and waiting the 24-hour data processing period, go to WEBREG, Rutgers’ online registration system (see instructions below), to verify your course selection and to pay your bill online. If you do not pay online at the time you verify your course selections through WEBREG, you will be billed, but payment of tuition and fees for all courses must be made on or before the payment deadline of the earliest course. Failure to meet a payment deadline will engender a $50.00 late fee.
After initial registration and payment, adding or dropping (withdrawing from) a WLI course can be done using WEBREG according to the posted deadlines (see link above). Adding or dropping a WLI course after a WEBREG deadline must be done through the World Languages Institute office (732-932-7373). NOTE: late fees paid due to missed deadlines are not refundable.
The hours of operation for WEBREG are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 11:59 p.m., and Saturday, 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m..
1. Go to the WEBREG site at http://webreg.rutgers.edu.
2. When the WEBREG log in screen appears:
- If you have a NetID and password: Click on WebReg Login for Rutgers Students under 'WebReg Login Options.' Enter your NetID and password into the Rutgers Central Authentication Service screen to register for your course(s).
- If you don't have a NetID and password: Enter your 9-digit RUID number and your 4-digit Personal Access Code (PAC), which is your birth month and day (for example, 0621 or 1105) as your alternative Rutgers student login OR Visiting student login to register for your course(s).
- Click on the appropriate link below to look up your 9-digit RUID number: Rutgers ID Lookup (Rutgers students), Rutgers ID Lookup (visiting students)
3. Select View Your Schedule to verify your course selections, then select the Semester (Summer) and click on Log In. Your course selections will appear on the registration screen (your name should be at the top of it, with your RUID number below). If the selections are correct, proceed to the Pay Online link on the right side of the screen (see #5 below for online payment instructions).
4. If you wish to change a course selection, click on Add/Drop at the bottom of the screen. Scroll down to the boxes and enter the five-digit index number of each desired course (refer to the WLI Course Descriptions for index numbers). Once the numbers are entered, click on Add/Drop to submit your request. If your new course requests are accepted (i.e., no messages such as “You need special permission” appear on the screen), scroll to the top of the screen and click on the Pay Online link on the right side of the screen.
5. When the Pay Online log in screen appears, enter your 9-digit RUID and your 4-digit Personal Access Code (PAC) again, and then click on Log In. Follow the instructions to complete the payment process, at the end of which you will receive a confirmation of the payment amount.
Paper term bills will no longer be mailed to students' home addresses. All students are required to have a Rutgers NetID and password (https://netid.rutgers.edu) and a Rutgers email account, which is activated as part of the NetID and password creation process. You will be sent an email when your term bill is viewable on the Student Accounting website.